วันจันทร์ที่ 24 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2555

Why homemade soap

I love homemade soap.



I love how I can select what to put into my soap, design which color and scent I prefer. Most of all, commercial soap manufacturer squeeze out all moisturizer, which was produced in soap forming process, and left us, their customer, only harsh soap salt.

So better I use my own homemade soap.

As we learnt in school that soap came from chemical reaction call saponification.

            Fatty acid + Lye = Glycerin + Soap

Yes! there is glycerin produced together with soap. Glycerin is a humectant. So it should mean that whenever we use soap, we apply glycerin as moisturizer to our skin as well.



Unfortunately glycerin is much expensive than soap. So soap manufacturer won't lose their chance of getting higher benefit, they extract glycerin out.

You may wonder whether or not the soap was being squeeze glycerin out. There are some evidents you may observe. As humectant, glycerin in homemade soap will capture humidity and sometime produce sweat on soap bar which is never happen to commercial soap. Homemade soap also softer and can be used all without any hard chip left at the end as commercial soap does.

If you may agree and enthusiastic to learn how I make my soap. Next post I would give you my first recipe. Also I'll keep writing about my soap adventure.

Thak you for reading and do visit my blog again.

^____^





ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น